Friday, August 13, 2010

Lictor, finally finished.

After something like a month of work, my lictor is finally finished. After painting and repainting, now I'm satisfated of every light and every shadow on my model; every tonality of red is the one I was searching for and every line on the carapax is exactly where I wanted to put it.

Every single part of the lictor is crossed by red stripes, except for tenacles and hands. 

Zebrine crimiso texture took lot of time and precision to paint them as I wished, not everytime painting on the irregular surfece of lictor's hide is easy. In the end, after more and more hands of diffetent colors, all the strips tooke the right tone.

Carapax has an orange tending tone, giving to the lictor a faster appearance than a simple red or a dark red.
From above, texture are continuos eve on the head and on the horn.


Initially the model had lot of modification, to appear like a DeathLeaper, like additional spines in the end of scythings talons and blades on the two inferiors elbows. Thoses modifications got broken because I was afraid to ruin the model so I only glued lighltly them. The only one remaining is the horn abouve the head, not present in the basic lictor model.

Hand have no texture, so the only red in them is given by talons.
Here some views of the lictor:





The base is nothing special, only a few detrites placed and painted as urban ground. It's my first try this kind of things, next models will have a more detailed bases.

I think this will become the color of all bases of my army, now composed by grass and sand or by black cinder...







2 comments:

  1. soso vedemmo se funzia
    cm si bello bello il cosetto li di sopra, peccato che contro orki e useless, cm ogni altra cosa xD
    bello bello sisi, lavoro da vero nerd u.u
    xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. mai visto un nerd come te xD
    taddy forever!!!

    ReplyDelete